MCPS states that "MCPS will monitor the credible findings and recommendations of the World Health Organization and FCC." in the WUSA news piece.
We are calling for a precautionary approach just as the World Health Organization clearly communicates in their press release and just as WHO scientists state. Read it all below. Everything is hyperlinked to source documents. We sure hope MCPS Technology Staff takes the time to educate themselves on this issue and follow WHO advice.
What Does the World Health Organization say about Wireless Radiation and Health ?
1. Wireless is classified as a Class 2 B “possible” Human Carcinogen by the World Health Organization.
The World Health Organization’s International Association for Research on Cancer (IARC) Classified wireless radiation -also known as radio frequency electromagnetic radiation RF-EMF - as a Class 2B Carcinogen in 2011 based on evidence that linked long term wireless exposure to brain cancer.
2. Wi-Fi Routers, Cell towers and Cell Phones Are Included in the Risk Classification.
3. The World Health Organization states that more research is needed.
4. WHO scientists continue to publish commentary in medical journals detailing that there are no safety assurances with wireless.
Dr. Samet, Senior Scientist, Chair of the World Health Organization’s International Agency for the Research on Cancer 2011 R-EMF Working Group stated:
“The IARC 2B classification implies an assurance of safety that cannot be offered—a particular concern, given the prospect that most of the world’s population will have lifelong exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields.”
Dr. Samet in his 2014 Commentary calling for more directed research published in the Journal Epidemiology.
5. The WHO IARC Director recommended taking measures to reduce exposures until research on long term exposures is completed. (We are asking MCPS to do the same and teach students this very important information.)
The 2011 Press Release by the WHO IARC states, "Given the potential consequences for public health of this classification and findings," said IARC Director Christopher Wild, "it is important that additional research be conducted into the long‐ term, heavy use of mobile phones. Pending the availability of such information, it is important to take pragmatic measures to reduce exposure such as hands‐free devices or texting.”
6. The WHO IARC states that wireless is absorbed deeper into children’s bodies than adults.
|From EHT Doctors Advice|
The 2013 Monograph states that “the average exposure from use of the same mobile phone is higher by a factor of 2 in a child’s brain and higher by a factor of 10 in the bone marrow of the skull.”
Read these details on page 34 of the the World Health Organization’s International Association for Research on Cancer’s published Monograph on Non-Ionizing Radiation, Part 2: Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields found here.
7. Many World Health Organization (WHO) Scientists now state the evidence has increased since 2011 and they call for a change in the risk classification reflecting the increased known risk.Read the 2015 published review in the International Journal of Oncology Mobile phone radiation causes brain tumors and should be classified as a probable human carcinogen (2A) (review)which concludes that radiofrequency fields should be classified as a Group 2A ̔probable̓ human carcinogen under the criteria used by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (Lyon, France). The authors also advise that the as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA) principle be adopted for uses of this technology.
8. International Agency for the Research on Cancer expert, Dr. Hardell has repeatedly documented that wireless “should be regarded as human carcinogen requiring urgent revision of current exposure guidelines.”
- Read his 2014 research published in the Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health entitled Decreased Survival of Glioma Patients with Astrocytoma Grade IV (Glioblastoma Multiforme) Associated with Long-Term Use of Mobile and Cordless Phones which determined that the use of wireless phones in the >20 years latency group (time since first use) was correlated to decreased survival for those diagnosed with astrocytoma grade IV . The conclusion reads, "Due to the relationship with survival the classification of IARC is strengthened and RF-EMF should be regarded as human carcinogen requiring urgent revision of current exposure guidelines."
- Read 2013 research published in the International Journal of Oncology entitled Case-control study of the association between malignant brain tumours diagnosed between 2007 and 2009 and mobile and cordless phone use . Long term use of wireless phones was associated with the development of malignant brain tumours. The research found in persons with more than 25 years latency period (time since first use until tumour diagnosis) a 3-fold increased risk. The risk increased further for tumours located in the most exposed area of the brain, the temporal lobe, to a 5-fold increased risk. The study concludes with, “This study confirmed previous results of an association between mobile and cordless phone use and malignant brain tumours. These findings provide support for the hypothesis that RF-EMFs play a role both in the initiation and promotion stages of carcinogenesis”
9. In 2015 over 200 International Scientists Appealed to the World Health Organization to take immediate action on the health risks of wireless radiation.
- Many were World Health Organization experts themselves.
- Read the Medical doctor and Scientists’ Appeal here.
- Read the names of the Doctors and Scientists and their qualifications here.
10. WHO IARC Scientists wrote the U.S. Secretary of Education about Wifi In School calling for Hardwired Technology!
- On October 14, 2015 scientists with expertise in wireless radiation wrote a Letter to the U.S. Secretary of Education detailing children’s unique vulnerability to the health risks of wireless technology. The Doctors call for educating students on safer ways to use technology and for installing safer hardwired technology in school classrooms.
- The letter was penned by top cancer experts in the field including Dr. Anthony Miller and Dr. Annie Sasco who have over 50 years combined expertise with the World Health Organizations International Agency for the Research on Cancer. Letter HERE.
Read the bio of these scientists in the press release Expert Docs Urge U.S. Secretary of Education: Play It Safe with Kids - Go Wired Not WiFi. Top medical experts advise schools to stop experimenting on our children.
Did you know Dr. Sasco served 22 years as Unit Chief of Epidemiology for Cancer Prevention at the International Agency for Research on Cancer and served as Acting Chief of the Cancer Control Programme of the World Health Organization (WHO). She specializes in cancer research and epidemiology and holds two Masters plus a Doctoral degree from Harvard University.
In fact, Doctors have been writing such letters for years. Read More Letters HERE.
WiFi in Schools is Risky Business
The World Health Organization Gives No Safety Assurances.Why isn't MCPS and the State Department of Education considering these facts from the World Health Organization and their scientists?
Listen to WHO expert Dr. Lennart Hardell speak on Wi-Fi in Schools in the video below.